The Vietnam School of Physics (VSOP) is a series of high level international
schools of physics organized every year since 1994 in different places in
Vietnam by "Rencontres du Vietnam", France, and Institute of Physics and
Electronics (former Institute of Physics), Vietnam. For eleven years, the VSOP
has been attended by about 450 young physicists of Vietnam (about 360) and
other countries (90) under tutorship of 85 lecturers from Vietnam (21) and
other countries. The schools cover a wide range of fundamental and modern
topics of condensed matter physics, particle physics, astrophysics and
Like the previous Vietnam Schools of Physics, the upcoming XII-th School will
deal with topics on
Quantum Field Theory and applications to particle physics
and condensed matter physics.
For two weeks the school program will include lectures and exercise sessions as
well as “mini-seminars” sessions where participants are encouraged to present
short contributions in their fields of interest (with the help of senior
participants). Applicants should have completed a Master's degree (or
equivalent) in physics. Preference will be given to young physicists working
towards a Ph.D. degree or working at a post-doctoral level. More senior
physicists, however, are also welcome to apply.
The school will accept about 40 students, expected to come principally from
Vietnam and Asian countries. Some support may be available for participants
from developing countries.
A postschool workshop entitled
"PHYSICS FOR LARGE AND SMALL SCALE:
from the Planck scale through nano scales to cosmological distances"
will be organized from 8th - 10th of January 2006.
The school and the worshop are partly supported by the APCTP (Pohang, Korea) and the Abdus Salam ICTP (Trieste, Italy) as external activities.
Please fill out the REGISTRATION FORM
(DOC, PDF) and
return it before 8 November 2005 to
Please fill out the VISAFORM
and return it before 5 December 2005 to
- Rencontres du Vietnam, France.
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, France.
- Asia-Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics, Pohang, Korea.
- The Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics,
- Institute of Physics and Electronics, VAST, Vietnam.
- Vietnamese Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), Vietnam.
- National Research Program for Natural Sciences (Grant No 410804), Vietnam.
SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM (tentative)
- Alain Blanchard (Toulouse): “Do we need dark energy ?”
- Philippe Dollfus (Orsay): “From classical to quantum transport
in semiconductor nanodevices”.
- Nguyen Van Hieu (Hanoi): “Introduction to the Theory of Few - Electron Nanoelectronic Devices”.
- Pham Quang Hung (Virginia): "Physics beyond the Standard Model and
Cosmology: physics of neutrinos, physics of large extra dimensions,
dark energy, dark matter, leptogenesis.”
- Joo-Von Kim (Orsay): "Physics of Magnetoelectronics: nanomagnetism
and spin transport”.
- Meenakshi Narain (Boston): “Hadron Collider Physics”
- Yann-Michel Niquet (Grenoble): “Introduction
to the study of electronic structures and optical properties of semiconductor
part 1 part 2 part 3 part 4
- Goran Senjanovic (Trieste) : "Supersymmetry, standard model and grand
- Hyeonjoon Shin (Seoul) : "Introduction to supersymmetry and
- Nguyen Van Hieu (Hanoi, Vietnam).
- Seunghwan Kim (Pohang, Korea).
- S. Randjbar-Daemi (Trieste, Italy).
- Jean Tran Thanh Van (Orsay, France).
- Pierre Darriulat (INST, Hanoi)
- Nguyen Mong Giao (IPE, HCM city)
- Nguyen Anh Ky (IPE, Hanoi)
- Le Van Hoang (HCMC UP, HCM city)
- Taejin Lee (Kangwon Nat. Univ. / APCTP, Pohang)
- Bui Minh Ly (IMS, Nha Trang)
- Nguyen Hong Quang (IPE, Hanoi)
- Vo Van Thuan (INST, Hanoi)
- A. Ungkitchanukit (CU, Bangkok)
- Nguyen Ai Viet (IPE, Hanoi)
In Europe :
- Patrick Aurenche (LAPTH, Annecy, France)
- Tran Minh Tam (Lausanne Univ., Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Doan Hong Minh (IPE, Hanoi)
- Vo Thi Xuan Yen (IPE, Hanoi)
Ms. Doan Hong Minh / Ms. Vo Xuan Yen
VIETNAM SCHOOL OF PHYSICS
INSTITUTE OF PHYSICS AND ELECTRONICS,
10 Dao Tan, Da Binh, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: (84 – 4) 766 2107, 766 0221, 834 7953; Fax: (84 –4) 834 9050.
Hanoi National University
19 Le Thanh Tong, Hanoi
Fax: (84-58) 823847
If you arrive in Hanoi, HCM city or Danang first, you can go by train or fly to Nhatrang. Train and fight information can be found from:
CU: Chulalongkorn University.
IMS: Institute of Material Science.
IPE: Institute of Physics and Electronics.
INST: Institute for Nuclear Science and Technique.
HCMC UP: Ho Chi Minh city University of Pedagogy.
LAPTH: Laboratoire d’Annecy-Le-Vieux de Physique Théorique.